Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Saturday - January 19, 2008 -- In Addition

Got my hair relaxed last night... ahhh, felt so nice! LOL! It was good to be home and in capable hands. I can't really relax when getting my hair done in Dallas. Too many worries about how much hair you're cutting, did you condition it right, do you really know what you're doing... Hmph. Lufkin ain't like that!

Been thinking about my recent decision to 'trade spaces.' I'll miss ol' D-town and I'll definitely miss TCOC. I've been very cautious about what I say my move has to do with for fear that someone will get the wrong idea. So, today, I'll clarify. I'm not leaving because I'm angry or mad. I'm not frustrated or hurt. I'm just tired. I haven't felt like I've had the 'right' to be tired or worn out or to be in need of a break. My cohorts have so much energy and never seem to need a moment to just breathe. That was hard for me to swallow. It's part of who I am to need a weekend to myself every so often. I can't function without it. (Heck, I was a only child for most of my life and I've been single most of my adult life... I need my space! LOL!) I missed my family and my friends (many of who were just 30- 40 minutes away). I missed having a day to just be with Sharby and do what she needs to do without pressure to be 'back by' a certain time. But at the same time, for the most part, I loved ministry. I loved the people, the services, the work that went along with it. I loved my team/family that was in this with me. But I couldn't take the schedule, the no day off, the ever-constant pull away from music... Honestly, I think that bothered me the most. I've missed it for a long time now.

It's been weighing on me. And although I feel a relief, I feel a sadness too. I'll miss TCOC and I think TCOC will miss me.

On another note, my neice is here. Ahhh, she's so beautiful... and a big ball of baby fat! I love it! I've often said that I don't want kids of my own and it's true. I can't deal with them all day and night, everyday, all day. Then they grown up and give you tons of drama... homework, dating, decisions about life, college, and not to mention... MONEY! I've said it before... I need to breathe! But... she's made me give a little more thought to it... Nah... I'll stick with no kids.

Well, I'm off to check out some supplies I'll need. Take inventory of the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment