Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 -- Change

Have you ever noticed how fast time flies? How one minute it's bright and cheery outside, the kiddos are running in the street, basking in the sun, and playing tag. The next minute it's cold, getting dark earlier by the day, and you can no longer here the children's play?

I wonder if that's how God feels about us when we he presents us with a challenge, that at the time seems too much to handle. He watches our face go somber and our bodies slump with what seems like 'the overwhelming.'

He asks us to trust Him, knowing that He truly has our best interest at heart. He asks us to 'lean not on your own understanding,' but what do we do? We try to understand the why, the how, and the when. He asks us to 'be still and know that I am God.' But we can't sit still for one moment. We can't follow through with that one request.

I'm challenging myself today.

Challenging myself to embrace the change.

Leave the fighting to God.

I will walk in peace and security, knowing that 'as I was with Moses, so will I be with you. I will never leave you, nor forsake you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment